Bike Maintenance 101 - Super Clinic
MEC Kitchener Bike Maintenance 101 - Super Clinic
Our combined Bike Maintenance 101 Super Clinic gives you an introductory course that is designed to go over the basic skills that will allow you to keep your bike in working order. Our friendly expert staff will lead you through all the tips and tricks of flat repair, and give you the hands on knowledge to complete the minor maintenance needed to keep your whip looking and feeling fresh.
Please note that all of our 101 Super Clinics are only $20, and are limited to 10 people.
How to Fix a Flat
- How to remove your wheel
- How to detach your brakes ('V', cantilever, and disc)
- Tire removal (use of tire levers)
- Tube removal (presta and schrader)
- Tube replacement and repair
- How to diagnose common mechanical issues
- How to provide basic maintenance
- Knowledge about different bike parts, and their function
- When to bring your bike in for major repairs
For the 101 clinic bringing your own bike is not necessary; there will be one available for demonstrations.