MEC SPIN - Jan24
Just because the winter is here doesn't mean your bike needs to be put on the hook.
** This sign up page is for the $10 drop in. If you are signing up for the pro-rated package you must do this in store. Below is all needed information **
Join us at MEC London for an all level Spin session that incorporates "cycling specific" intervals aimed to improve your pedaling efficiency, leg speed and strength to get next year started on the right pedal. Each week will be a fun filled, but challenging new workout with a different look aimed at progressing into the Spring. Come join us for a fun and challenging workout, with good music, and great people.
These sessions are not ability specific as we'll have something for everyone. Each session is personalized to each athlete based on your current level of fitness. So whether you're looking to build or maintain your fitness over the winter or come out flying in the spring we can help.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- a towel
- a water bottle (maybe 2)
- a trainer (trainers are available to rent for $5 on site, but are limited so call ahead to reserve yours)
- a bike in good repair (we will store bikes for the season for a $25 fee)
6:30-8:00pm (Scheduled Class)
November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, December 6, 13, 20, 27
- January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- February 7, 14, 21, 28
- March 7, 14, 21, 28
8:30-10:30 (Scheduled Class)
OPTIONAL 20-30m RUN BRICK WORKOUT
November 5, 12, 19, 26 December 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- January 7, 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- March 4, 11, 18, 25
Drop In Class $10.00 +tax (Limit 5 drop in per class)
Wednesday Night Class (22 Classes) $154 +tax (Limit 12 people) *** Payment in Store*** - Pro rated based on how many classes are left
Sunday Morning Class (20 Classes) $140 +tax (Limit 12 people) ***Payment in Store*** - Pro rated based on how many classes are left
All Inclusive Pass (Wed & Sun Classes = 42 classes) $252.00 +tax (Limit 12 people) ***Payment in Store*** - Pro rated based on how many classes are left
No refunds or transfers for class packages.
Trainer Rental $5.00+tax (Per Class)
Bike Storage $25.00+tax (One Time Fee)
Total Performance Training Software
It is recommended that you have any type of ANT+ Power meter, Heart Rate Monitor or Speed/Cadence Sensor to track your progress.
- Marten Mann
- The sessions are designed and led by Marten Mann who in addition to being MEC London's Store Manager is also an NCCP certified cycling coach who races in the Master Elite category in Ontario and the United States.
- Eric MacDonald
- Join sessions led by MEC Staffer Eric MacDonald. Eric previously raced U23 Elite on the track, and is a past national champion track cyclist. Aside from cycling Eric likes to lift heavy things, and put them back down.
- Mel Sandwith
- Join sessions led my MEC Staffer Mel Sandwith an endurance Triathlete and Ironman. Mel spends most of her time training on the bike, and owns more cycling kit than clothes. She is also on the 2017 Canadian Age Group World Championship Team.
- Cheryl Madliger
- These sessions are designed and led by Cheryl Madliger who loves working at MEC almost as much as she loves riding her bike! She is certified as a Spinning instructor, a personal trainer, and a fitness instructor--and loves helping people train to meet their goals.