MEC Toronto Road Race THREE
MEC Toronto Road Race THREE: 5K/10K/15K
Chip-Timed and Fully Supported
Accreditation class AA
Register online before May 3rd, 2018 at 12:00pm (noon) when online registration closes.
Distance changes will be accepted until online registration closes on May 3rd at 12:00pm (noon).
Note: Race day registration is cash only, and is available from 8:00–8:45am on May 6th at the registration tent.
- Where: MEC North York (784 Sheppard Ave East.)
- Friday, May 4th from 10am to 9pm
- Saturday, May 3rd from 10am to 7pm
- Sunday, May 6th from 8:00am–8:45am at the registration tent.
RACE DAY INFO
Sunday, May 6th, 2018
- 15K Race starts promptly at 9:00am
- 10K Race starts promptly at 9:05am
- 5K Race starts promptly at 9:10am
115 Bestview Dr., Toronto, ON
We do NOT have a secure bag store process.
- MEC staff and volunteers are NOT responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items
- MEC staff and volunteers will NOT be available to hold any of your personal items
The route is marshalled by MEC staff and volunteers, so please follow their instructions.
This path is open to the public, so keep to your right on the trail to allow cyclists and other path users to pass you. Check before overtaking another runner.
All races start at Bestview Park.
- 10K participants run south along the Bestview path to the main East Don Parkland path to a turnaround south of Alamosa Park and the tennis courts. Once participants turn around, heading north you will follow the East Don path almost to Leslie. Here you will turn around and go back to the Bestview side path and right on that to the finish.
- 5K runners will turn around south of Cummer overpass and follow the same route back to the finish as the 10K.
Help us keep our races green by bringing your own water bottle. (Compostable cups and on-site recycling and composting will also be provided.)
Click on the image to find out more.
Know someone who wants to come cheer you on and give out high-fives? Volunteering with the MEC events team is a blast. For more information, please click on the image.
Looking for more road races? Sign up for a race pacakge here: MEC Toronto Race Series Package 2018
Interested in trail races? Sign up for a trail race package here: MEC Toronto Trail Race Series Package 2018
We’ll have live unofficial race results within one hour of runners crossing the finish line at the results station. Official standings will be posted on the Speed River Timing site as well as this page within two business days of the event. Be sure to check back!
We’ll be giving out medals to the top three male and female finishers in each distance category (no age categories awards).
Want to see last year’s results to scope out how fast the course is? They’re on Speed River Timing.
LOOKING FOR A TRAINING GROUP?
Walk to 5K:
Learn to run a fun and safe 5K over 10 weeks. You will learn techniques and skills necessary to confidently complete a 5K run. A very knowledgeable MEC Staffer will lead this run providing guidance and encouragement throughout each week.
Run A Faster 10K:
This 10 week program is designed for the runner already comfortable with 5K, and are looking to push their 10K runs up a notch. Take an hour out of one of your nights and join us for an engaging workout with an experienced clinic leader.
Meet-up Road and Trail Runs:
These free meet-up runs takes place take at both stores. Schedule is as follows:
Monday's - 6pm (MEC Toronto)
Wednesday's - 6pm (MEC North York)
Saturday - 8am (MEC Toronto at Evergreen Brickworks)
Saturday - 8:30am (MEC North York)
Click on the picture below for some 5K and 10K training plans
Please contact Adam.Hassen@mec.ca