- Illegal Equipment
- Mobile phones
- Headphones/Headsets/electronic listening communication device
- Cameras and Video Cameras need Race Referee approval
- Toe Cage enclosed
- Open tube ends on handlebars
- Too much equipment in Transition at the bike
- Mount/Dismount lines crosses
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Bare Torso during the run and bike portion
- Public Nudity
- Helmet Straps too loose
- Riding in Transition
MEC Edmonton Triathlon
EVENT STATUS UPDATE:
As of 5:15 am Saturday August 18, we have cancelled this year's Triathlon due to air quality conditions. As smoke from BC's wildfires has covered edmonton in a haze with visibility under 850m, the air is such that physical exertion is strongly not recommended.
Further follow-up instructions and information will be emailed to participants. Thank you for your patience as we try to accomodate what's best for our athletes.
as of 6pm on Friday August 17th we are currently only offering athletes the option of competing in the Try-a-Tri distance or the half duathlon, This is due to the a high air quality index.
We have also pushed back start times by 1 hour. Transition Times: 8-9:15am. First swim heat at 9:30am
As conditions remain fluid we will continue to monitor the situation and inform athletes of any further modifications.
Welcome to MEC Edmonton Triathlon
Held at Leduc Recreation Centre, this event is a fully sanctioned, chip-timed event for only $35!
(Still waiting final approval)
- 375 m swim, 10 Km bike, 2.5 Km run
- minimum age 14 yrs
- 750 m swim, 20 Km bike, 5 Km run
- minimum age 16 yrs