Results can be found here
Online registration is now closed. In store registration is available until close on April 2nd for $15. Race day cash only registration is $25.
Race ONE, The Spring starter is a race to get you started for the season with a 3K, 5K & 10K race at Assiniboine Park! For a $15 registration fee you'll enjoy the measured and timed distance of your choice (the 3K course is a fun run course but will have chip timing), sanctioned by the Manitoba Runners' Association. We have your back with aid stations and support staff lining Assiniboine Park's official race route.
Top three finishers in each distance and gender receive a custom medal, as well as the top three finishers under 18 years of age!
New for 2016, all of our races will have chip timing.
Race day cash only registration is $25.
There will be no race distance changes allowed after Wednesday March 23rd.
Bib pickup at MEC Winnipeg, 303 Portage Ave:
- Friday April 1st - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Saturday April 2nd - 10:00am to 2:00pm
Present your race bib to receive 10% off at MEC Winnipeg when you pick up your bib before the race!
Bib Pick up On site at Assiniboine Park Conservatory Foyer:
- Sunday April 3rd - 8:00am to 8:50am
- 9:00am for 10K
- 9:10am for 5k
- 9:15am for 3K
Same day registration takes place between 8:00am-8:20am at the Assiniboine Park Conservatory Building. $25.00 cash only. Complimentary bag check available for racers.
Walkers and new runners are very welcome. The course closes at 11:00am.
Looking to increase your distance or speed this year. Our Train to Run 10K clinic starting in May, could be exactly what you need.
- Open Course: Road races at Assiniboine Park are not closed to traffic, which means you will be sharing the road with fellow runners and vehicles alike. We have marshals at major intersections and signage alerting drivers that a race is in progress.
- Strollers: The goal at our events is to keep families active, so strollers are welcome on all of courses in 2016 except the trail run.
- Headphones: We recommend only using only one earbud if you choose to run with headphones in, as the course is open to traffic, and other runners may need to communicate with you.
- Canine Friends: We love dogs, but they are absolutely not allowed to participate in our races. If you bring your furry friend out to the race site, they must be supervised on leash by a non-participant at all times and cannot join you in any indoor facilities.
- First Aid on Site: We have Odyssey Medical in partnership with WINSAR joining us at the MEC Race Series 2016. They will be touring the course on their mobile first aid unit, and will have two first responders at the finish line. Ready to assist those who may be in distress. If you are in distress, please alert our nearest road marshal, who will contact Odyssey to come to your assistance immediately.
All MEC Winnipeg Races and clinics are non-transferable & non-refundable. Race details may be subject to change.
For MEC Race Updates, follow us on Twitter: @mec_winnipeg
If you have questions or concerns about our MEC Winnipeg Race Series, please contact our Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for the entire MEC Winnipeg Race Series 2016! Follow the links below to register today!
MEC Winnipeg Race ONE: 3K/5K/10K – Spring Starter
MEC Winnipeg Race TWO: 10K/15K/half marathon – The Pace Setter
MEC Winnipeg Race THREE: 5/10K – Summer Fun
MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR: 5/10/15K - Trail Run
MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE: 3K/5K/10K – The Spooky Dash
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our Race Director, Outreach & Learning Coordinator Tara via email: email@example.com