Bike Maintenance 201 - Super Clinic
MEC Kitchener Bike Maintenance 201 - Super Clinic
A member of our expert bike mechanics team will lead you through a 4 hour in-store session that focuses on some of the more advanced aspects of bike maintenance. Our instructor will tackle these topics with a hands on approach, and take the time to make sure you fully understand how to care for the highlighted components on your bike. Our clinics are set up to be flexible- so come with your questions and a sense of adventure.
As an added bonus with our all in one Super Clinic, lunch will be provided.
- How to change your cable and housing;
- How to remove, size, and install a new chain (or repair);
- How to remove and install a cassette;
- When to bring your bike in for major repairs.
- How to inspect your drivetrain and derailleurs
- How to tell when your derailleurs require an adjustment
- How to make adjustments on your front and rear derailleur
- How to know when to take your bike in for servicing
- The difference between brake types
- How to change the pads and adjust the position on rim brakes
- How to change and maintain the pads on disc brakes
- How to change the cable and housing for rim brakes
- How to determine when your bike needs to be taken in for servicing
*You may bring your own bike to the session
8 spots remaining