Backcountry 101: Winter Camping - Jan22
LET US HELP YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR NEXT WINTER CAMPING ADVENTURE!
Join our camping specialists from 5:30-6:30pm for a FREE one-hour clinic designed to introduce you to the basic considerations involved in staying safe and comfortable when traveling and camping in a winter environment.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the added importance that winter conditions place on selecting appropriate equipment.
- Receive an overview of the essential equipment required for cold weather camping and travelling including:
- Clothing systems
- Sleeping systems
- Cooking systems
- Personal safety gear
- Trip planning
- Understand some of the most basic considerations involved in choosing between various modes of travel including:
- Backcountry Nordic skiing
- AT skiing
- Tele skiing
- Split boarding
We will provide all the materials you need for this clinic. Come prepared with your questions and a sense of adventure!
* This clinic will not address avalanche safety, except to highlight the importance of receiving avy training prior to entering avalanche terrain.
Please meet in the camping department in the south end of our store.
Please contact our Outreach Coordinator, Caitlin Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store at (250)386.2667