MEC Winnipeg Race ONE: 5K/10K - Assiniboine Park Conservatory
Kick off your 2018 running season with MEC Winnipeg Race ONE and come to the last running race ever at Assiniboine Park Original Conservatory!
online until 9:00am on Wednesday March 28 or in-store before 2:00pm on Saturday March 31, 2018.
|Distance||Online (+HST)||In-Store (+HST)||Race Day|
NOTE: Race Day Registration is EXACT CASH ONLY, and is available from 7:00am–7:50am on April 1 at the registration tent. Only a few race registrations remain, and may sell out on race day.
All MEC Events are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Distance Change: Free race distance changes will be accepted until Midnight on Sunday March 11 by email to email@example.com. After this date, distance change requests may be denied.
PRE RACE BIB AND CHIP PICK UP
Thursday March 29 from 4:00pm-8:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Saturday March 31 from 10:00am-2:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Bib and Chip Pick-Up Deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race bib.
RACE DAY BIB AND CHIP PICK UP
Sunday April 1 from 7:00am–8:00am at Event Site.
RACE DAY INFO
8:30am: 10K start, official certified course
8:40am: 5K start, official certified course
9:30am: 5K Medal Ceremony + Easter Egg Hunt
9:40am: 10K Medal Ceremony
10:00am: Course closure
*** Medals will be only given to the top 3 of each distance in each gender in the 18 and under category and 18+ category
All MEC Winnipeg Races are GUN START. For accurate timing, please plan accordingly to ensure you are at the start line at your distance's start time.
Rules and Regulations
MEC Winnipeg is committed to the standards of fair play at our races. If any participant breaches our rules and regulations, we hold the right to disqualify them from our race.
- Bib and Chip: Only registered participants wearing their assigned bib numbers and chips will be allowed on the courses. Your bib (worn on the front and visible) tells our course marshals that you have registered for your run and belong on the course.
- If you cannot run in the race: You cannot transfer your assigned bib and chip to another runner.
- Every participant must run the whole distance that they are registered in: Any course cutting will be treated as unauthorized short cuts and a major violation of our fair play standards.
- Start Line: Runners are strongly encourage to seed themselves according to their projected pace. Projected fast pace runners should be at the front and a runner with a slower projected pace or walkers should be near the back.
- Gun Start: Remember, your bib and chip will give you your real time and if you miss your Gun Start for your distance, any delays would not count toward your finishing time.
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of cars, dogs, and cyclists.
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by keeping your music low and/or leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information.
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run and walk around you.
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants.
- Please share the road. If you are running with a group, please do not run any more than two abreast.
- If you are a slower paced runner, please stay to the right. If passing, please call out "on your left" to let your fellow participants know you are coming.
- If you are taking a walk break, please stay to the right.
- Water station: If you are stopping, please make sure to have a quick glance over your shoulder to ensure you do not cut someone off behind you.
- Please do not stop right on the finish line. Please run all the way through as fellow participants might be behind you.
- Have fun!
Assiniboine Park Conservatory Parking Lot, 55 Pavillion Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba
There is parking onsite, but as always, MEC encourages participants to carpool to the site.
Waste Management: There will be garbage bins at the event site and Recycle Everywhere will be bringing reycling bins that will be place at the event site and on race course at our water refill stations. A compost bin will be beside our refreshment tent for you to drop your bananna peels.
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle": Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water refill stations will be avaliable along the race route.
MEC Winnipeg Race ONE 5K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/510533.
MEC Winnipeg Race ONE 10K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/510528.
We will be using the Assiniboine Park official race routes for our 5K and 10K.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MEC Winnipeg Race Series or MEC Winnipeg Race ONE, please reach out to our Race Director Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RACE SERIES SPONSORED BY:
All water stations will be equipped by MEC’s electrolyte partner nuun hydration. nuun is high in electrolytes, yet low in sugar to keep you optimally hydrated throughout the race. nuun Products