MEC Toronto Century Ride 2018 - Horseshoe Valley
This is a one day cycling adventure on an open course for people who are passionae about their active lifestyles. Beautiful riding on 100K or 65K (approximate) routes that take you through the quiet rural roads of scenic Oro. The event starts and finishes at Horseshoe Resort, and is a chance to spin with a motivated group on terrific Canadian asphalt.
The ride is supported with marshals and directional arrows along the course, as well as a rest stop midway complete with replenishments, and a bike mechanic for minor repairs. The staggered start will begin at 9:00AM and close at 9:30AM. Upon finishing, join us and fellow riders to celebrate with food and drinks at the Apres Ride at Horseshoe Resort.
- Incredible value - $40
- Post-ride fesitivities at Horseshoe Resort
- Rest stops featuring light snacks (bananas, gels, bars, etc.) and water
- GPX files - available closer to race day
- MEC mechanics are available PRE-race for minor last-minute adjustments
- Mechanical and medical support at rest stations
Event Day Timeline @ Horseshoe Resort: (Pending Permits)
- Registration opens from 7:45AM to 8:30AM
- Start time begins at 9:00AM
- Lunch begins around 12:00PM
- Online registration closes at 12:00PM (noon) on July 12th
- If there are spaces available (the ride is capped at 500), there will be day of registration onsite for $60 Cash. Registration will be open from 7:45AM to 8:30AM.
STAY AND RIDE!
MEC is happy to announce a Stay and Ride partnership with Horseshoe Resort! MEC Century Ride participants will receive a discount rate on their room at Horseshoe Resort the weekend of the ride. Please stay tuned for more information on this terrific deal!
We will be offering a 65K and 100K.
This ride will NOT be on closed roads, so use caution out there - follow the rules of the road and helmets are mandatory. You will not be permitted to start the ride without one.
*Note: Although MEC will provide some mechanical support, be sure to make yourself self-sufficient. Please pack appropraite clothing, tubes, pumps, extra food and water.
ALL distances start and finish at Horseshoe Resort.
All water stations will be equipped with MEC's electrolyte partner, nuun hydration. nuun is high in electrolytes, yet low in sugar to keep you optimally hydrated throughout the race.
Stay up to date with the latest news around MEC Toronto!
Looking to help out? Volunteering with the MEC events team is a blast! For more information, please click on the image below.