MEC Vancouver Run a 10K Clinic - Round ONE (starts on January 8th)
Run a 10K Clinic
Further your running with a fun and safe progression to a 10K, complete with weekly lectures over a ten week period.
In this ten week clinic we will guide you through a fun and safe training plan of running with the aim of confidently preparing you to complete a 10K run. Previous running experience is recommended. Weekly sessions will consist of a 15-20min lecture followed by a specifically prescribed workout. The lectures will be presented by local professionals and add a great deal of additional knowledge to aid accross various aspects of running.
This clinic is timed perfectly to run the MEC Vancouver: Road Race TWO event on March 18, 2018. An entry into the event is included with your registration in this clinic.
The clinic will take place every Monday evening from January 8 to March 12 at 6:00pm - 7:30pm, with the exception of any statuatory holidays. Please meet on-time at the MEC Vancouver (130 West Broadway) climbing wall, located inside the store. Ask a friendly staff member for assistance if needed.
A training pogram will be provided to you at the first session outlining the entire training program complete with dates, weekly distances totals, lecture topics, and scheduled homework runs.
Lecture Topics Include:
Injury Prevention & Stretching
Heart Rate Training
- We higly recommend that participants are comfortable running 5K without stopping before starting the program.
- There will be no clinic on February 12th. (Family Day Statuatory Holiday)
- Dress appropriately for each clinic; consider rain, temperature and day light.
- There are washrooms and change rooms located in store.
- It is recommnended to bring the following:
- Watch / GPS Watch
- Hand Held Water Bottle / Hydration Belt
- Head Lamp (if day light is minimal)
If you haver any questions or concerns please email email@example.com.