Join our Riding Crew!
Meeting Location: Downtown MEC 11904 104 ave
This invigorating road ride caters to riders committed to increasing their fitness level.
We will leave from the store for a heart-pumping, leg hammering ride. All rides are led by enthusiatic MEC staff and are between 20 - 30 km, lasting 1 - 1.5 hours. If there are varying paces we will split into groups.
We meet at the store and rotate through 4 rides:
- St. Albert Route
- Snow Valley Route
- Rundle Park Route
- Hill Training
*Please note that the minimum age is 16 years old*
This week: Rundle Park Route
Distance: 33 km
Terrain: road, bike paths
Elevation Profile: + 316/ - 316 m
Duration: 1.5 hours
Turn By Turn Instructions:
- east on 105 ave, then south on 105 st (right) to 102 Ave east (left.)
- Right on 96 st, left on 101 Ave then down down Cameron Ave --> turns into 99 Ave --> turns into 87 st
- continue north through Dawson Park on bike path to Ada Boulevard --> turns into 11 Ave
- Right on 40 St. and continue on Ada Boulevard --> to 104 Ave --> 30 St.
- Enter Rundle Park and cross the Goldbar footbridge, through the park to Capilano park on the multi-use trail.
- Continue on bike path, under Wayne Gretzky Drive, across Rowland Rd and past McNally High
- Continue through Forest Heights Park to Henrietta Muir Park and across the River at Connors Rd.
- Through Rossdale Park and connect to 100 St.
- Right on 96 ave, then Fortway Dr, past the Legislature and onto the bike path parallel to 109 st.
- Across Jasper Ave to 102 Ave (left), then right onto 118 st.
DON'T FORGET TO TURN ON YOUR STRAVA!
Please ensure that your bike is fully-tuned, lubed and road tested. Other requirements:
- Road Bike
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Spare tube and patch kit
- Lots of energy
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (recommended)
- ID & Debit/Credit card
We also have an Endurance Sunday ride where we cover 50-60K in about 3 hours. These start at a variety of locations around the city. Please check events.mec.ca for more information.
This is a great way to train for MEC Century Ride. Choose 60K, 100K or 160K distance for only $45. Register now.
Please note that rides maybe cancelled due to inclement weather. If it is raining, there are strong winds or the threat of thunderstorms exists, please call 780 488-6614 to see if the ride is cancelled.
HAND SIGNAL REVIEW:
Contact Josephine Baran (email@example.com) with questions.