Road Ride Crew - Snow Valley
Meet at Downtown Location: 11904 104 Ave
This invigorating road ride caters to riders committed to increasing their fitness level.
This week: Snow Valley
Distance: 28 km
Terrain: roads and multi used trail
Elevation Profile: + 264 / - 265m
Duration: 1.5 hours
Turn By Turn Instructions:
- south on 121 st to 100 ave to Victoria Park Road
- Cross the River via Groat bridge, up Emily Murphy Park road and around Hawrelak Park road.
- Exit up Emily Park Road to Saskatchewan Drive to Groat Rd then back onto Saskatchewan Drive
- Connect to Keillor Rd then Fort Edmonton Park Road (south) to 142 st.
- Bike path connects to 141 st --> right on 53 ave --> left to 142 st
- Connect to bike path into Snow Valley (west) to 127 st (north)
- Right on 51 Ave, left on 115 st, into Foote field and across Belgravia Rd via pedestrian bridge.
- Saskatchewan Drive to Emily murphy hill and cross the river via Groat bridge
- Up Victoria Hill to 116 street
Don't forget to turn on your Strava!
Please ensure that your bike is fully-tuned, lubed and road tested. Other requirements:
- Road Bike
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Spare tube and patch kit
- Lots of energy
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (recommended)
- ID & Debit/Credit card
We also have an Endurance Sunday ride where we cover 50-60K in about 3 hours. These start at a variety of locations around the city. Please check events.mec.ca for more information.
This is a great way to train for MEC Century Ride. Choose 60K, 100K or 160K distance for only $45. Register now.
Please note that rides maybe cancelled due to inclement weather. If it is raining, there are strong winds or the threat of thunderstorms exists, please call 780 488-6614 to see if the ride is cancelled.
Hand Signal Review: