MEC Ottawa Race FIVE: The Gatineau Park Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k 2017
Welcome to the 2017 MEC Ottawa Gatineau Park Marathon and Half Marathon and 5km.
MEC Ottawa presents THE 2017 must do, bucket list, tell your friends about it for months afterwards, road race in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. Choose between a full 42.2km Marathon ($25) or a 21.1km Half Marathon ($20) and 5km ($15).
5KM RACE NOW SOLD OUT.
Half Marathon close to capacity, there will likely be no bibs remaining for on-site registration on the day of the race - enter online now.
All courses are certified for accurate distance by Athletics Canada, sanctioned by Athletics Quebec, the Marathon is a Boston Qualification course. All races are timed by Sportstats.
Warm up with elite athletes
Have the best race of your life - learn to warm up properly!
United for Sport will be at the Gatineau Park Marathon, Half and 5km, their team of athlete coaches will lead dedicated group warm ups before the races.
Half and Full Marathon warm ups will start at the main entrance of the Camp Fortune main lodge (top parking lot) approximately 1hr before race start times, (these warm-ups include your journey to the start line, so no need to stress about being in the right place at the right time!). 5km sessions will start at the P9 parking area approximately 45mins before the start.
Check back here soon for more details.
Find out more about United For Sport: http://unispourlesport.com/
Pour connaître une de vos meilleures courses à vie - apprendre comment bien s’échauffer!
Unis pour le sport sera présent au marathon, demi-marathon et au 5 km du parc de la Gatineau. Leur équipe de coureurs élites et d’entraîneurs vont animer une clinique d’échauffement avant la course.
Les échauffements du marathon et du demi-marathon débuteront de l'entrée principale du chalet de Camp Fortune (stationnement supérieur) environ 1 heure avant le début de la course (ces échauffements incluront le déplacement jusqu'à la ligne de départ, donc pas besoin de se soucier d’être au bon endroit au bon moment!). Les sessions de 5 km commenceront du stationnement P9 environ 45 minutes avant le départ.
Pour en savoir plus sur Unis pour le sport: http://unispourlesport.com/
Athletics Canada Certification no: QC-2016-118-BDC
Course marking & Aid Stations
- The course will be clearly marked.
- Each kilometer will be indicated.
- There will be marshals on the course to direct you.
- Aid stations are positioned approximately every 3km on course: All water stations will be equipped by MEC’s electrolyte partner nuun hydration. nuun is high in electrolytes, yet low in sugar to keep you optimally hydrated throughout the race. NUUN PRODUCTS
- At all times runners MUST keep RIGHT of the yellow centre line of the road. This rule will be enforced, bib numbers of runners not on the right of the yellow line will be noted by course marshals. The courses are measured and certified using the right side of the road.
Timing and awards
- The races will be chip timed by Sportstats.
- Awards (Medals 1st, 2nd, 3rd male and female) will be awarded according to Gun Time position.
Bibs will be distributed at MEC Ottawa (366 Richmond Road, Ottawa) on:
- Thursday 26th October 2017, between 5pm and 9pm. Shop with 10% discount in store on Thursday evening only (conditions apply)
- MEC is a Co-operative – you must be a member to shop here. Memberships are individual, cost $5 and never expire.
- 10% discount on everything (including bikes and boats). The only exception as of today (May 14, 2014) are Blundstone boots. They are not eligible for any discount as per direction from the vendor.
- The 10% does not get added on top of products already on clearance, OMD products or products that get a discount from packages; it applies only to regular priced products.
- Discount applies only to what is in stock in the store at the time of the club night. No store transfers, no Service Center or web purchases.).
- Friday and Saturday 27th and 28th, during open hours (no discount).
- Raceday pick up at Camp Fortune will be limited to out of town athletes only.
Road closures and Parking
- Parking for the half and full marathon will take place at Camp Fortune, runners will walk 1km down hill to the start.
- Parking for the 5K will take place at the P9 parking at the intersection of Dunlop Rd and Meech Lake Rd.
- All roads within Gatineau Park are closed to motor vehicles.
- Expect short (approx. 5mins) delays on Lac Meech and Dunlop at the times that the races start (8:30am & 8:45am) in the "P8" and "P9" area. We will operate a "rolling closure" as runners pass (operated by the police).
- We are working hard to avoid disruption to residents local to the race, please contact us if you have any concerns.
- We use compostable cups on our courses.
- At event HQ please sort your trash according to instructions.
- Please bring a (filled) waterbottle to the race for before and after your run.
- Runners at MEC races are not issued with a t-shirt or a race medal.
POUTINE: Meal tickets are now on sale for a delicious serving of poutine (only $5) for you to enjoy at the post-race party. CLICK HERE!
DRINKS: Camp Fortune bar will be open for coffee in the morning and drinks after the race!
- We are seeking volunteers to help at this race - volunteers will be rewarded with a free entry to any other MEC Ottawa race of the season!
- We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually: firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Sponsored by:
Race supported by:
Race Chip timed by Sportstats
Certified accurate distance by:
Age restrictions - all runners in the half marathon must be 16years old on race day, runners in the full marathon must be 18years old on race day.
There is no age restriction in the 5km race, but children must be accompanied by an adult to the start and finish area.