MEC Ottawa Race SEVEN: Gatineau Park Marathon and Half Marathon
Online race results: quidchrono
Online race photos: ZoomPhoto
Welcome to the 2015 MEC Ottawa Gatineau Park Marathon and Half Marathon. After a very successful inaugural running of the race in fall 2014, MEC Ottawa presents THE 2015 must do, bucket list race in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. Choose between a full 42.2km Marathon ($25) or a 21.1km Half Marathon ($20).
Both courses are certified by Athletics Canada, the Marathon is a Boston Qualification course.
Perfect smooth pavement and steep gradients await! Read on below for more information and to enter the race (do so soon, the race sold out very early in 2014).
- 2 packages including a V02 test and 3 months training, normally valued at $475+HST – includes a monthly calendar schedule of training, strength/resistance program, access to their facility and an individual sports performance coach.
- 2 Threshold V02 tests, normally valued at $185+HST.
- 2 $75 gift vouchers for testing/training at Peak Centre.
Post race party update:
POUTINE: Meal tickets are now on sale for a delicious portion of Poutine (only $5) for you to enjoy at the post race party. CLICK HERE!
DRINKS: Camp Fortune bar will be open after the race for hot apple cider and hot chocolate! Peak Centre will have onsite sales of muscle milk.
YOGA: The Happy Yogi will be onsite to lead you in a post run yoga session in the lodge - work out those aches and pains before they arrive! Check out Ashley's website HERE.
Online registration will close at 9am on Tuesday October 27th.
Page en Français, cliquez ici.
Race start time: Marathon: 8am / Half Marathon 8:30am
- The course will be clearly marked with black arrows (bearing the MEC logo) on a yellow plastic board.
- Each kilometer will be indicated.
- There will be marshals on the course to direct you.
- At all times runners MUST keep RIGHT of the yellow centre line of the road. This rule will be enforced, bib numbers of runners not on the right of the yellow line will be noted by course marshals. The course is measured and certified using the right side of the road. (This is a change from the race in 2014, the course will be remeasured and recertified prior to race day).
Road closures and Parking
- All roads within Gatineau Park are closed to motor vehicles. Lac Meech and Dunlop (will close for a very short period to allow us to start the race) - minimal disruption to normal traffic.
- Expect short (approx. 5-10mins) delays on Lac Meech and Dunlop at the times that the races start (8am & 8:30am).
- We are working hard to avoid disruption to residents local to the race, please contact us if you have any concerns.
Thank you to our sponsors:
On course refreshments provided by:
Post Race refreshments provided by:
Race featured in:
*If you wish to know your age group position (or to use the race for qualification purposes) after the race, you must enter your age whilst registering.
*Age restriction: runners must be over the age of 16 on race day to take part in the Gatineau Park Marathon and over the age of 14 on race day to take part in the Gatineau Park Half Marathon.