Volunteers Needed - The Best Getter
Sorry, this event has passed.
Volunteer with Us!
Are you interested in volunteering at an MEC race? Because we'd love YOUR help at MEC Victoria Race FOUR 5K/10K/15K at Sooke Potholes on September 17th, 2017. Click here for more information about the race.
Here's how it works:
- You need to be responsible for your own transportation to the race location
- You volunteer for 4 hours, starting at 7:45-8:15am (45min before first race start) and ending around 12:00pm
- You get post-race snacks and coffee
- You are awarded a FREE RACE ENTRY to any MEC Victoria 2017 Race!
- Event Set-up/tear-down
- Parking Lot Marshal
- Gear check support
- Food preparation and service
- Course Marshal
- Aid Station Helper
What you need to do in 3 easy steps:
- Show your interest by registering as a volunteer below!
- You will receive an email confirmation
- You will receive detailed instructions the week of the race
- Who? Anyone! It’s a great opportunity for non-runners to be part of the race experience and be part of the wonderful running community.
- What? Cheering along the course or at the finish line, handing water at an aid station, and giving directions, is what we need most help with!
- When? The MEC Race Series goes from January to November. Races take place on Sunday mornings, so you will still have your afternoon off!
- Where? Location changes with every race! We cannot provide transportation so make sure you can bike or bus or carpool with a a friend if you do not have a car.
- Why? Endless reasons! You help the running community by helping us host an amazing race! You will help the runners, making sure they are safe and on the right path, have their race bibs, get fed and hydrated, and are supported with encouragement! You will meet lots of great friendly people, be outdoors in the fresh air, and engage with your community. You get to give back! AND participate to a race of your choice later in the year for free!
- How? Choose a race, apply online to be a volunteer, and contact the Race Director. Make sure you reply to her emails, show up for your volunteer shift, and have fun!
Our races would not be possible without the amazing support of our staff and volunteers. We are always looking for volunteers to join our team and help our runners have an amazing day on the trails.
Apply here if you wish to join our team, and we will contact you. You can also reach the Race Director, Caitlin Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any futher questions.
We hope to hear from you!