MEC Lower Mainland: Trail Race FIVE, Central Park 5K / 10K
NOTE: All details are subject to change
Forget the movie ticket or the over-the-top burger – for about the same price you get chip-timed results, coffee and bananas, finish-line massages, plus unlimited high-fives from stoked MEC members and staff.
Register online before August 25, or in-store before August 26 at 4pm SHARP.
Note: race day registration is cash only, and is available from 7:00–8:00am SHARP on August 27 at the registration tent.
***NOTE: For liability reasons, participants cannot sign up anybody other than themselves.
Saturday, August 26 from 10am–4pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver only
Package pick up deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race package.
- Only valid on day of package pick up.
- Only on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items (available in stock at the Vancouver store).
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or on any previous purchases.
- Not applicable on Blundstone items.
Sunday, August 27 from 7:00am–8:00am SHARP at event site
RACE DAY INFO
8:30am: 10K start (& 8:35am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeeded)
8:40am: 5K start (& 8:45am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeeded)
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of dogs and cyclists
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run / walk around you
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants
Central Park, Burnaby
The event site is at Swangard Stadium, in Central Park (3883 Imperial Street, Burnaby, BC).
The following parking options exist:
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items.
At Event Site
- We will have two separate clusters of three plastic bins. Each cluster will have one bin for garbage (black bags), one bin for compost (clear bags) and one bin for recycling (white bags).
We will have plastic bins at each of our aid stations with white garbage bags (for recycling) located just after our hydration tables.
Reach your personal best and help us reach ours!
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle"
Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water and Nuun electrolyte refill stations will be available at all aid stations as well as at the event site.
Shop MEC.CA for some great hand held water bottle options.
Know someone who wants to come cheer you on and give out high-fives? Volunteering with the MEC events team is a blast. Find out more
Want more? See the full MEC Race Series
We’ll have live unofficial race results within one hour of runners crossing the finish line at the results station. Official standings will be posted on the Trio Sports Events site as well as this page within two business days of the event. Be sure to check back!
We’ll be giving out medals to the top three male and female finishers in each distance category (no age categories awards).