MEC Lower Mainland: Road Race TEN, Riverfront Park 5K / 10K
Forget the movie ticket or the over-the-top burger – for about the same price you get chip-timed results, coffee and bananas, finish-line massages, plus unlimited high-fives from stoked MEC members and staff.
RESULTS ARE AVAILABLE HERE
Please note: This year's 10K course measured 9.5K due to a measurement error. This will be corrected for the 2018 race at this venue. We regret this error and apologize for any inconvenience.
Race-day photos are available FREE on www.iPOLPO.com. Over 600 photos have been uplaoded and are available by time and location search. Please contact katia@iPOLPO.com with any questions regarding photos.
Register online before November 3, or in-store before November 4 at 4pm SHARP.
Note: THIS RACE IS SOLD OUT. No day-of registration will be available.
***NOTE: For liability reasons, participants cannot sign up anybody other than themselves
Saturday, November 4 from 10:00am to 4:00pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver
Package pick up deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race package.
- Only valid on day of package pick up.
- Only on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items (available in stock at the Vancouver store).
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or on any previous purchases.
- Not applicable on Blundstone items.
Sunday, November 5 from 7:30 am to 8:30 am SHARP at event site
RACE DAY INFO
Please note: Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 5th at 2:00am. Clocks will be going back an hour – enjoy the extra sleep!
9:00am: 10K start (& 9:05am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeded)
9:15am: 5K start (& 9:20am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeded)
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of dogs and cyclists
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run / walk around you
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants
MEC defines youth as age 13 to 17. Below is the recommended maximum race distance per age from Athletics Canada.
Riverfront Park, Vancouver
The event site is at Riverfront Park (2750 East Kent Avenue, Vancouver, BC). It is located at the Eastern most side of the park, just West of Kerr Street.
The following parking options exist:
- Limited parking at event site.
- Surrounding street parking.
This venue is accessible by public transportation. Here is our suggestion if you are coming from Vancouver:
- Depart Waterfront Station via Canada Line to Richmond-Brighouse at 7:44am.
- Exit at Marine Drive Station and take the 100 22nd St Stn Via Trapp to Dr FS Jellicoe St.
- Walk South on Jellicoe St and turn right on East Kent Ave S, continue to Riverfront Park.
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items.
At Event Site
- We will have two separate clusters of three plastic bins. Each cluster will have one bin for garbage (black bags), one bin for compost (clear bags) and one bin for recycling (white bags).
We will have plastic bins at each of our aid stations with white garbage bags (for recycling) located just after our hydration tables.
Reach your personal best and help us reach ours!
Free Photos at the Event
- iPOLPO is providing FREE photos for this event! Developed in beautiful BC, iPOLPO is a photo-share app by time and location. iPOPO posts all photos by time on a global map so your photos are easy to find and downlaod in full resolution. Developed by runners, for runners! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or help finding your photos.
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle"
Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water and Nuun electrolyte refill stations will be available at all aid stations as well as at the event site.
Shop MEC.CA for some great hand held water bottle options.
Know someone who wants to come cheer you on and give out high-fives? Volunteering with the MEC events team is a blast. Find out more
Want more? See the full MEC Race Series
We’ll have live unofficial race results within one hour of runners crossing the finish line at the results station. Official standings will be posted on the Trio Sports Events site as well as this page within two business days of the event. Be sure to check back!
We’ll be giving out medals to the top three male and female finishers in each distance category (no age categories awards).