MEC Lower Mainland: Road Race NINE, Garry Point Park 5K / 10K / 21.1K / 42.2K
GARRY POINT PARK
Forget the movie ticket or the over-the-top burger – for about the same price you get chip-timed results, coffee and bananas, finish-line massages, plus unlimited high-fives from stoked MEC members and staff.
You can find results from the race here.
Register online before September 29, or in-store before September 30 at 4pm SHARP
Note: race day registration is cash only, and only available from 7:00am to 8:00am SHARP
***NOTE: For liability reasons, participants cannot sign up anybody other than themselves
***Important NOTE: There will be no race day registrations for the Marathon distance, no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
Saturday, September 30 from 10:00am to 4:00pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver only
Package pick up deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race package.
- Only valid on day of package pick up.
- Only on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items (available in stock at the Vancouver store).
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or on any previous purchases.
- Not applicable on Blundstone items.
Sunday, October 1 from 7:00 am to 8:00 am SHARP at event site for 5K/10K/21.1K distances only
***Important NOTE: There will be no race day package pick up for the Marathon distance, no exceptions. Please plan accordingly. You can have a friend or family member pick up your race package for you on Saturday if you are not available.
RACE DAY INFO
7:30am: 42.2K start ***Important NOTE: There will be a "cut-off time" for the Marathon. It is 1:30pm, which is six hours.
8:30am: 21.1K start (& 8:35am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeded)
8:45am: 10K start (& 8:50am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeded)
9:00am: 5K start (& 9:05am for a Wave #2 if needed) (Waves will be self seeded)
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of dogs and cyclists
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run / walk around you
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants
MEC defines youth as age 13 to 17. Below is the recommended maximum race distance per age from Athletics Canada.
Garry Point Park, Richmond
The event site is at Garry Point Park (12011 Seventh Avenue, Steveston, BC). It is located at the south west most part of Steveston.
The following parking options exist:
- Garry Point Park parking lot.
- Surrounding street parking, typically with a two hour maximum.
- Surrounding parking lots
This venue is accessible by public transportation. Here is our suggestion if you are coming from Vancouver:
Use Canada Line and #410 Bus:
- Departs Waterfront Station via Canada Line at 6:32AM and arrives at Brighouse Station at 6:57AM
- (Canada Line departs Waterfront Station every 12 minutes for Brighouse)
- Depart Brighouse on the #410 Bus going West at 7:09AM and arrives at Chatham and 7th Ave (right at the gate of Garry Point Park) at 7:23AM
- (#410 Bus west bound departs Brighouse every 20 minutes)
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items.
At Event Site
- We will have two separate clusters of three plastic bins. Each cluster will have one bin for garbage (black bags), one bin for compost (clear bags) and one bin for recycling (white bags).
We will have plastic bins at each of our aid stations with white garbage bags (for recycling) located just after our hydration tables.
Reach your personal best and help us reach ours!
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle"
Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water and Nuun electrolyte refill stations will be available at all aid stations as well as at the event site.
Shop MEC.CA for some great hand held water bottle options.
Half Marathon and Marathon (Two Laps)
Know someone who wants to come cheer you on and give out high-fives? Volunteering with the MEC events team is a blast. Find out more
Want more? See the full MEC Race Series
We’ll have live unofficial race results within one hour of runners crossing the finish line at the results station. Official standings will be posted on the Trio Sports Events site as well as this page within two business days of the event. Be sure to check back!
We’ll be giving out medals to the top three male and female finishers in each distance category (no age categories awards).
Want to see last year’s results to scope out how fast the course is? They’re on Trio Sports Events.