MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE: 3K/5K/10K - Assiniboine Park
Join us for our Halloween fun, family friendly 3K, 5K, and 10K race at Assiniboine Park! Come in your Halloween costume!!
Register online until 9:00am on Thursday October 26 or in-store before 2:00pm on Saturday October 28, 2017.
MEC WINNIPEG RACE FIVE IS SOLD OUT.
**Children 4+ under running for free must run with a registered parent/guardian/older sibling in the 3K event only. Children 4+ under must fill out a waiver. Children running for free will not be chip timed. All children 7+ under must be accompanied by a registered parent/guardian/older sibling at all times. Children in strollers are welcome in any distance.**
NOTE: Race Day Registration is EXACT CASH ONLY, and is available from 7:00–7:20am on October 29 at the registration tent
All MEC Events are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Distance Change: Free race distance changes will be accepted until Midnight on Thursday October 12. After this date, distance change requests may be denied.
PRE RACE BIB PICK UP
Friday October 27 from 4:00pm-8:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Saturday October 28 from 10:00am-2:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Bib Pick-Up Deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race bib.
NOTE: No timing chips will be handed out during Pre Race Bib Pick Up. Timing Chips will be handed out during Race Day ONLY.
RACE DAY BIB AND CHIP PICK UP
Sunday October 29 from 6:45am–7:45am at Event Site.
RACE DAY INFO
8:00am: 10K start, official certified course
8:10am: 5K start, official certified course
8:15am: 3K start, timed and measured course
10:30am: Course closure
All MEC Winnipeg Races are GUN START. For accurate timing, please plan accordingly to ensure you are at the start line at your distance's start time.
Rules and Regulations
MEC Winnipeg is committed to the standards of fair play at our races. If any participant breaches our rules and regulations, we hold the right to disqualify them from our race.
- Bib and Chip: Only registered participants wearing their assigned bib numbers and chips will be allowed on the courses, except for children 4 and under in our 3K race. Your bib (worn on the front and visible) tells our course marshals that you have registered for your run and belong on the course.
- If you cannot run in the race: You cannot transfer your assigned bib and chip to another runner.
- Every participant must run the whole distance that they are registered in: Any course cutting will be treated as unauthorized short cuts and a major violation of our fair play standards.
- Start Line: Runners are strongly encourage to seed themselves according to their projected pace. Projected fast pace runners should be at the front and a runner with a slower projected pace or walkers should be near the back.
- Gun Start: Remember, your bib and chip will give you your real time and if you miss your Gun Start for your distance, any delays would not count toward your finishing time.
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of cars, dogs, and cyclists.
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by keeping your music low and/or leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information.
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run and walk around you.
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants.
- Please share the road. If you are running with a group, please do not run any more than two abreast.
- If you are a slower paced runner, please stay to the right. If passing, please call out "on your left" to let your fellow participants know you are coming.
- If you are taking a walk break, please stay to the right.
- Water station: If you are stopping, please make sure to have a quick glance over your shoulder to ensure you do not cut someone off behind you.
- Please do not stop right on the finish line. Please run all the way through as fellow participants might be behind you.
- Have fun!
Assiniboine Park Conservatory Parking Lot, 55 Pavillion Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba
There is parking onsite, but as always, MEC encourages participants to carpool to the site.
Waste Management: There will be garbage bins at the event site and Recycle Everywhere will be bringing reycling bins that will be place at the event site and on race course at our water refill stations. A compost bin will be beside our refreshment tent for you to drop your bananna peels.
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle": Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water refill stations will be avaliable along the race route.
MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE 3K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/510536.
MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE 5K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/510533.
MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE 10K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/510528.
We will be using the Assiniboine Park official race routes for our 5K and 10K as well as a measured 3K. Our 3K is still chip timed, event though it is not an official sanctioned route.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MEC Winnipeg Race Series or MEC Winnipeg Race FIVE, please reach out to our Race Director Winston at email@example.com.