MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR: 5K/10K/15K - East Saint Paul
NEW IMPORTANT INFORMATION: No Timing Chips will be handed out during Pre Race Bib Pick Up. Timing Chips will be handed out ONLY on Race Day.
online until 9:00am on Thursday September 21 or in-store before 2:00pm on Saturday September 23, 2017.
NOTE: Race Day Registration is $25 EXACT CASH ONLY, and is available from 7:00–7:20am on September 24 at the registration tent.
All MEC EVENTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
NOTE: If you transfer your bib/chip to another person, you will be disqualify from the race.
For more information, please visit: http://events.mec.ca/refund-policy.
Distance Change: Free race distance changes will be accepted until Midnight on Thursday September 7. After this date, distance change requests may be denied.
PRE RACE BIB PICK UP
Friday September 22 from 4:00pm-8:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Saturday September 23 from 10:00am-2:00pm, MEC Winnipeg
Bib Pick-Up Deal: Get 10% off purchases you make in store when pick up your race bib.
NOTE: No timing chips will be handed out during Pre Race Bib Pick Up. Timing Chips will be handed out during Race Day ONLY.
RACE DAY BIB AND CHIP PICK UP
Sunday September 24 from 6:45am–7:45am at Event Site
RACE DAY INFO
8:00am: 15K start
8:10am: 10K start
8:15am: 5K start
** 5K certified course is road.
** 10K and 15K certified courses are road+trail.
11:00am: Course closure
All MEC Winnipeg Races are GUN START. For accurate timing, please plan accordingly to ensure you are at the start line at your distance's start time.
Rules and Regulations
MEC Winnipeg is committed to the standards of fair play at our races. If any participant breaches our rules and regulations, we hold the right to disqualify them from our race.
- Bib and Chip: Only registered participants wearing their assigned bib numbers and chips will be allowed on the courses. Your bib (worn on the front and visible) tells our course marshals that you have registered for your run and belong on the course.
- If you cannot run in the race: You cannot transfer your assigned bib and chip to another runner.
- Every participant must run the whole distance that they are registered in: Any course cutting will be treated as unauthorized short cuts and a major violation of our fair play standards.
- Start Line: Runners are strongly encourage to seed themselves according to their projected pace. Projected fast pace runners should be at the front and a runner with a slower projected pace or walkers should be near the back.
- Gun Start: Remember, your bib and chip will give you your real time and if you miss your Gun Start for your distance, any delays would not count toward your finishing time.
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of cars, dogs, and cyclists.
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by keeping your music low and/or leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information.
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run and walk around you.
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants.
- Please share the road. If you are running with a group, please do not run any more than two abreast.
- If you are a slower paced runner, please stay to the right. If passing, please call out "on your left" to let your fellow participants know you are coming.
- If you are taking a walk break, please stay to the right.
- Water station: If you are stopping, please make sure to have a quick glance over your shoulder to ensure you do not cut someone off behind you.
- Please do not stop right on the finish line. Please run all the way through as fellow participants might be behind you.
- Have fun!
East Saint Paul Community Centre
264 Hoddinott Road, East Saint Paul, Manitoba
There is parking onsite, but as always, MEC encourages participants to carpool to the site.
Waste Management: There will be garbage bins at the event site and Recycle Everywhere will be bringing reycling bins that will be place at the event site and on race course at our water refill stations. A compost bin will be beside our refreshment tent for you to drop your bananna peels.
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle": To help with our initiative to limit waste and our carbon footprint, we suggest you stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water refill stations will be available along the race route. OB "Bring Your Own Bottle": Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water refill stations will be avaliable along the race route.
MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR 5K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/460543.
MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR 10K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/460561.
MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR 15K Course Video: http://www.plotaroute.com/route/460564.
Walkers are very welcome in the 5K distance.
NOTE: Race details may be subject to change and adjustment.
MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR results will be avaliable after the race at http://zone4.ca/results/.
These results will also be posted to the MRA site once we ensure our results are official.
If there are any concerns with your results, please contact our Race Director Winston directly at email@example.com.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MEC Winnipeg Race Series or MEC Winnipeg Race FOUR, please reach out to our Race Director Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.