Backcountry 101- Packing for an overnight WINTER camping trip - Oct07
Have you ever thought about camping overnight in the backcountry in WINTER but don't quite have the knowledge to do it? If this sounds like you, we have the solution! A clinic dedicated to surviving an overnight winter camping trip.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Be familiar with the essential equipment required for an overnight snowshoe or ski/camping adventure, including:
- The 10 Essentials
- Appropriate Footwear
- Clothing and layering systems
- Cooking system
- Sleeping system
- Know how to pack a backpack to ensure comfort and safety
- site selection and set up
- Short discussion on avalanche awareness
The clinic is free but you do have to register.
Happy Winter Camping!