Backcountry 101 - Map and Compass
INTRO TO MAP & COMPASS NAVIGATION:
The purpose of this clinic is to introduce members to topographical maps, compasses and their use in backcountry navigation.
By the end of this clinic, participants will:
- Become familiar with topographic maps, the features that distinguish them from other types of maps and the reasons they are ideal for backcountry navigation.
- Understand the concepts and symbols for reading a topographic map
- General understanding of features basic to all compasses
- Setting bearing from terrain, map and following a bearing
- Resources applicable to area/region
Clinic is in our community room.
Parking is free for the first 2 hours of visits to the North York store in our underground lot. Just register your licence plate at the machine by the elevator. You don’t need to put your receipt on your dash.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please email email@example.com