Backcountry 101: Intro to Winter Camping
This clinic is intended to introduce members to the basic considerations involved in staying safe and comfortable when traveling and camping in a winter environment.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the added importance that winter conditions place on selecting appropriate equipment.
- Receive an overview of the essential equipment required for cold weather camping and travelling including:
- Clothing systems
- Sleeping systems
- Cooking systems
- Personal safety gear
- Trip planning
- Understand some of the most basic considerations involved in choosing between various modes of travel including:
- Backcountry Nordic skiing
- AT skiing
- Tele skiing
- Split boarding
* This clinic will not address avalanche safety, except to highlight the importance of receiving avy training prior to entering avalanche terrain.
If you have any questions please email Lynda Day or call the store at 705-792.4675.