Backcountry 101 - Digital Naviagation
Navigate Your Way on Your Next Hiking Trip!
Join our camping specialists from 12:00 to 1:00pm for a free one-hour clinic designed to introduce you to GPS devices and how to use them in backcountry navigation.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand how the Global Positioning System functions.
- Understand features and functions common to all GPS standalone devices.
- Learn how to apply these features and functions in a wilderness navigation context.
- Distinguish the features offered for mobile devices (i.e., smartphones) from those offered by outdoor-specific units.
- Be familiar with the range of GPS devices available, their various additional features and the possible application of those features to specific activities.
- Be familiar with proper GPS care.
- Be familiar with other navigation resources available at MEC, as well as any additional navigation programming offered.
We will provide all of the materials you need for this clinic. Come with your questions and a sense of adventure!
Clinic is in our community room.
Parking is free for the first 2 hours of visits to the North York store in our underground lot. Just register your licence plate at the machine by the elevator. You don’t need to put your receipt on your dash.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org