volunteers needed at Booth Creek - Oct14
Please volunteer at Booth Creek in Coquitlam. The trees in this area have invasive English Ivy growing up and choking the trees. Let's rescue those trees!
We will also be removing: Himalayan Blackberry, periwinkle, English Laurel, English Holly!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Instruction, tools, gloves and refreshment will be provided.
If you participate you will get to:
• Meet new people
• Learn about the environmental issues parks face
• Make a positive impact on biodiversity
• Connect to nature
• Learn the importance of responsible citizenship
• Get outdoor conservation career experience
• Get exercise
• Gain volunteer hours (we provide letters)
• Have fun!!
Please sign up soon at our event page: https://t.co/wd7cykj3bA
We can't wait to see you there!