MEC Vancouver: Road Race ONE, Stanley Park 5K / 10K
DEVONIAN HARBOUR PARK
Forget the movie ticket or the over-the-top burger – for about the same price you get chip-timed results, coffee and bananas, finish-line massages, plus unlimited high-fives from stoked MEC members and staff.
MEC Vancouver: Road Race ONE is the first of six events in the 2018 MEC Vancouver Road Race Series offering. Join us on January 28th for the race that is aimed at all those whose new year's resolutions include getting active and staying fit. For only $15 you can choose between a 5K or 10K race, starting from picturesque Devonian Harbour Park and running counter-clockwise along the beautiful Stanley Park seawall on the edge of Vancouver's downtown West End. Runners will experience a fun and welcoming race atmosphere complete with professional chip timing and complimentary coffee, tea and fresh fruit.
Looking for a challenge? Sign up for the full MEC Vancouver: Road Race Series!
Register online before January 26, or in-store (MEC Vancouver only) before January 27 at 4 pm SHARP.
Note: race day registration is cash only and + $10, and is available from 7:00–8:00am SHARP on January 28 at the registration tent.
***NOTE: For liability reasons, participants cannot sign up anybody other than themselves.
PACKAGE PICK UP
Saturday January 27, 2018 from 10:00am - 4:00pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver.
Sunday January 28, 2018 from 7:30am - 8:30am SHARP at event site.
The day you pick up your race package, you will receive an exclusive discount card that entitles you to a 10% discount as per the following exceptions:
- Only valid on day of package pick up.
- Only on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items (available in stock at the Vancouver store).
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or on any previous purchases.
- Not applicable on Blundstone items or Intense bikes
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Start Times
10K = 8:45am ***new start time***
5K = 9:00am ***new start time***
Please note that due to another event happening in the same area of the park, our event will be starting fifteen minutes before previously advertised times. This is to avoid congestion on the seawall and to keep both events a fun and safe experience. If possible, we will be doing separate waves of each distance to ensure our runners are all on course before the other event begins. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Start & Finish Location
The event site is at Devonian Harbour Park (1929 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC). It is located on the edge of Stanley Park at the corner of Denman Street and Georgia Street.
The following parking options exist:
- A paid parking lot at Devonian Harbour Park (1929 West Georgia Street).
- Surrounding street parking, typically with a two hour maximum.
- Bicycle racks are located along Denman Street, south of West Georgia Street.
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- MEC Vancouver staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items.
MEC defines "Youth" as ages 13 to 17. We strongly encourage participants to consider the following age recomendations set by Athletics Canada prior to registering for an event.
- All routes are narrow and are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of dogs and cyclists.
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information.
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run / walk around you.
- For liability reasons, runners are not able to bring their dog on the race route with them.
Medals will be awarded to top 3 male and top 3 female finishers in each race distance category.
We will aim to provide live unofficial race results within one hour after runners have crossed the finish line.
- Please be patient with this process.
- Please refrain from approaching the timing personnel, instead direct any question to an MEC Vancouver staff member.
- Official race results will be posted on the Trio Sports Events as well as this web site within two business days after the event.
5K Course Map
10K Course Map
RACE SERIES SPONSORED BY:
All water stations will be equipped by MEC’s electrolyte partner nuun hydration. nuun is high in electrolytes, yet low in sugar to keep you optimally hydrated throughout the race.
WARM UPS SPONSORED BY:
Twist Vancouver's mission is to combine forward-thinking nutrition and medicine with trademarked performance training systems and internationally recognized educational tools to help every adult, athlete, and youth get a body that works - inside and out. Find more information here.
GREENING & SUSTAINABILITY
At Event Site
- We will have two separate clusters of three plastic bins. Each cluster will have one bin for garbage (black bags), one bin for compost (clear bags) and one bin for recycling (white bags).
- We will have plastic bins at each of our aid stations with white garbage bags (for recycling) located just after our hydration tables.
Reach your personal best and help us reach ours!
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle"
Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water and Nuun electrolyte refill stations will be available at all aid stations as well as at the event site.
Shop MEC.CA for some great hand held water bottle options.
OTHER 2018 MEC VANCOUVER: ROAD RACE SERIES EVENTS
WANT TO RUN ALL SIX OF MEC'S ROAD RACES?
The Road Race Series continues in 2018 but this time as a regional approach with six great running events. The MEC Vancouver and MEC North Vancouver stores have combined forces to offer a really exciting series to showcase our exciting communities.
Sign up before January 31st, 2018 for only $12 a race! Click here to register.
VOLUNTEER WITH MEC VANCOUVER
We love providing opportunities for volunteers to strut their stuff! Follow the link below to find out more about volunteering with the MEC Vancouver Events Team!
Click HERE for more details!