Bike Maintenance 201 is designed for the more advanced cyclist who wants to learn how to work on their own bike. Our advanced, 201 clinics are held once every few weeks.
ALL OF OUR CLINICS ARE LED BY TRAINED MECHANICS, AND THE 201 CLINICS ARE HANDS-ON AND LED BY ONE OF OUR SENIOR MECHANICS. THE SMALL CLASS SIZE (MAX 5) GIVES YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE INVOLVED AND LEARN A NEW SKILL!
WE RUN 201 CLINICS ON DERAILLEURS, BRAKES, DRIVETRAIN, AND WHEEL TRUING. SEE OUR EVENTS SITE FOR MORE DETAILS.
By the end of the clinic, participants will:
- Understand the difference between brake types
- Know how to maintain their disc brakes
- Know when the bike needs to be taken to the MEC Bike Shop for service
- Be able to change the pads on rim brakes (both caliper and cantilever)
- Be able to adjust the position of their rim brakes
- Know how to change the cable and housing for rim brake
The store will be closed during this time so please meet the mechanic at the front doors at 9:30 am to be let in.