By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand how the Global Positioning System functions;
- Understand features and functions common to all GPS standalone devices;
- Learn how to apply these features and functions in a wilderness navigation context;
- Distinguish the features offered for mobile devices (i.e., smartphones) from those offered by outdoor-specific units;
- Be familiar with the range of GPS devices available, their various additional features and the possible application of those features to specific activities;
- Be familiar with proper GPS care;
- Be familiar with other navigation resources available at MEC, as well as any additional navigation programming offered.
We will provide all the materials you need for this clinic. Come with your questions and a sense of adventure!