Get Outside with our weekly Backcountry 101 session:
Join our camping specialists every Thursday night from 7pm - 8:30pm for a clinic designed to introduce you to the equipment required for your next trip into the wilderness!
We will provide all of the materials you need for these clinics so just come with your questions and a sense of adventure! Our Backcountry Topic rotation will include:
- Packing for an Overnight Trip - Preparation for everything you need on an overnight backcountry trip.
- Day Hiking - Preparation for everything you need on a day hike.
- Map and Compass Navigation - basic level map reading, and use; compass feature explanation.
- Knot Tying - learn some basic knots and what their best use is.
- Digital Navigation - basic introduction to GPS functions and features
- Camp Cooking - learn about stoves, fuel and backcountry cooking. If weather allows, we will be outside...cooking!
- Gear Repair - teach the skills required for basic gear repair on common backcountry gear malfunctions
- Winter Camping - learn about how to stay safe and the gear you need for camping when the weather is cold.
Any questions can be directed to Outreach Coordinator Ryan Chilibeck: email@example.com or contact the store at 780-433-0293.