Bike Maintenance 201 - Wheel Truing - Sep21
LOVE YOUR BIKE. LEARN HOW TO TREAT IT RIGHT.
Join us every Thursday evening for a Bike Maintenance 201 Clinic from 6:30-8:00pm.
These courses are designed for the those wanting to learn how to work on their own bike, and focuses on one of four topics per clinic: Drivetrain Adjustment & Replacement, Wheel Truing, Brake Adjustment, or Derailleur Adjustment (sessions are held on a rotating basis).
Please note that all of our 201 clinics are only $20, and are limited to 8 people. Bike Maintenance 101 is a suggested prerequisite to this intermediate clinic.
This course will teach you:
- Why wheel truing is necessary;
- How the three aspects of wheel trueness (lateral true, radial true, and dishing) affects the bicycle as a whole (ie. brake adjustment, frame clearance, tire wear, handling)
- Why proper hub adjustment is essential for proper wheel truing;
- How to true a wheel;
- How to destress a wheel and avoid spoke wind-up;
- Which tools are needed and which can be purchased at MEC;
- How to know when to take your bike in for servicing.
This is a knowledge based clinic, and we will provide you with all of the materials you might need. Come with your questions and a sense of adventure.
Bringing your own bike is not necessary; there will be one available for demonstrations.
All of our Bike Maintenance clinics meet in the cycling department.
Please contact our Outrach Coordinator, Caitlin Brown at email@example.com or call the store at (250)386.2667
*Note: Clinics are non-refundable and non-transferable