Walk to Run 5k Running Clinic - Sep14
Are you a couch potato? Do you need inspiration to move your body? Ever wondered about completing a 5k race? Think you could handle a weekly clinic session? Then join us…
· Learn to run gradually and safely over 10 weeks
· Participants can be brand new at running or be weekend warriors… all are encouraged to participate to the best of their ability.
INSTRUCTOR: experienced run clinic leader and marathoner,
· Weekly sessions: a 20-min instructional class covering a number of topics about training, fitness and technique, followed by a 30-min group run
· We’ll coach you to do the ‘Run-Walk’ method, meaning ‘jog for a minute, walk for a minute’ and build from there to do more
· At your first session we’ll give you a training schedule. If you want to improve your 5k time, this clinic will help you too.
Course: THURSDAYS from Aug. 10 to Oct. 12, 2017, 6:30-7:30 pm
Clinic cost: $40 gives 12 weeks of classes & runs AND includes a free entry into MEC’s Road Race 6 on Sunday Sep. 10 or Road Race 7 on Oct. 29. (sorry no refunds)
Details: www.Events.mec.ca (select ‘North York’)
Parking is free for the first 2 hours of visits to the North York store but you must register your vehicle at the machine by the elevators. You don’t need to put the receipt on your dash.