Backcountry 101 is our weekly clinic series intended to help everyone from the novice camper to the seasoned hiker plan, prepare and pack for their adventures.
INTRO TO CAMPING:
Whether you are a new outdoor enthusiast or looking to update gear for your next adventure, this 1 hour session will introduce you to the essentials of camping.
In this clinic we will cover:
- The varieties of tents, sleeping bags & pads and how to choose the right gear for your needs.
- What gear to take and what to leave behind.
- How to set up your campsite.
- A brief overview of stoves, cookware and water filtration options.
- Local area recommendations for camping destinations including some of the many provincial parks in Ontario and Quebec, such as: Algonquin Provincial Park, Parc national du Mont-Tremblant, Gatineau Park, Sandbanks, etc.
- “Leave-No-Trace” camping ethics;
- and much more!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com