MEC Ottawa Summer Century Ride 2017
With the start/finish situated in Carp (just to the west of Ottawa) enjoy these inexpensive, but fully featured rides through beautiful Ontario countryside in Lanark County. Welcome to Ottawa’s riding country! For a charge of only $45, you can choose between three different ride options, 50km, 100km and an 160km AND have a feast afterwards.
Sign up now and get the Earlybird price of $35! EarlyBird price ends Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9am.
Ride start times: Riders will start in informal waves according to distance, first wave off at 7:45am
Rides will start at the Carp Agricultural Society Fairgrounds on Carp Road.
All routes will follow a clockwise loop (different to previous years) on rural roads through Lanark County, please see below for route maps.
50km (NOTE: Route contains one short section of dirt roads, suited to hybrid/cyclocross/mountain bikes or road bikes with 25mm+ tires).
Metric Century Route (100km):
Imperial Century Route (100miles / 160km) (7hr time limit):
Aid (refreshment) stations
- There will be one aid station on the 50km route, two on the 100km route, and three on the 160km route.
- Aid stations will serve water, bananas and snacks and have toilets.
- In spite of these stations, it is strongly reccomended to bring ample food and water for your ride.
- It is suggested that you carry some money to purchase additional supplies on the route.
- There is no timing at this event, it is a RIDE, not a RACE.
- The ride takes place on OPEN roads, it is your duty as a rider to ensure that you follow the rules of the road, whilst riding your safety is your responsibility.
- There is ample parking at the Fairgrounds, please follow the instructions of MEC staff whilst parking. You will be sent further information prior to the ride date with specific instructions.
- Post ride party will be hosted at the hall in the Carp Fair featuring as usual, yummy food and drink!
Getting to the event
Why not carpool? It will make parking easier, and lessen our impact on the environment! Hop on over to RickyRides, an online tool to arrange a ride-share. Read the INSTRUCTIONS, then get over to EVENT SPECIFIC RIDE SHARE to offer or ask for a ride.
*SUBMIT DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (i.e. vegan, veggie, allergies or religious, not preferences!) IN THE COMMENTS SECTION WHILST REGISTERING*.
MINIMUM RIDER AGE: 16yrs.
GOVT ISSUED ID REQUIRED FOR SERVICE DURING POST RIDE CELEBRATIONS...