MEC Ottawa Summer Century Ride 2017
With the start/finish situated in Carp (just to the west of Ottawa) enjoy these inexpensive, but fully featured rides through beautiful Ontario countryside in Lanark County. Welcome to Ottawa’s riding country! For a charge of only $45, you can choose between three different ride options, 50km, 100km and an 160km AND have a cold beer and feast afterwards, courtesy of Covered Bridge Brewing and Alice's Village Cafe.
Regsitered riders can collect their bib and route card at MEC Ottawa on SaturdayBibs will be available at MEC (366 Richmond Road) from 9:30am to 4:30pm. To encourage you to do so, you can shop with a 10% discount (on Saturday ONLY)
The following conditions apply to the discount:
· 10% discount on everything (including bikes and boats). The only exception are Blundstone boots. They are not eligible for any discount.
· The 10% does not get added on top of products already on clearance, OMD products or products that get a discount from packages; it applies only to regular priced products.
· Discount applies only to what is in stock in the store at the time of bib collection. No store transfers, no phone or web purchases.
You can collect your bib on Sunday at the ride if you need to.
You can collect the bib of another person.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT: 5pm Friday 18 August 2017.
Registrations made after that date/time must be made in person and cost $60 (cash only on event day).
Ride start times: Riders will start in informal waves according to distance, first wave off at 7:45am
Please note that the RidewithGPS maps below are accurate - the associated RidewithGPS cuesheets, however are not. Routecards with clear and correct instructions will be provided.
Rides will start at the Carp Agricultural Society Fairgrounds on Carp Road.
All routes will follow a clockwise loop on rural roads through Lanark County, please see below for route maps. Routes will be marked with colour coded arrows.
50km (NOTE: Route contains one short section of dirt road.
Metric Century Route (100km):
Imperial Century Route (100miles / 160km) (7hr time limit):
Aid (refreshment) stations
- There will be one aid station on the 50km route, two on the 100km route, and three on the 160km route.
- Aid stations will serve water, bananas and snacks and have toilets.
- In spite of these stations, it is strongly reccomended to bring ample food and water for your ride.
- It is suggested that you carry some money to purchase additional supplies on the route, you will pass through a few small towns.
- There is no timing at this event, it is a RIDE, not a RACE.
- The ride takes place on OPEN roads, it is your duty as a rider to ensure that you follow the rules of the road, whilst riding: your safety is your responsibility.
- There is ample parking at the Fairgrounds, please follow the instructions of MEC staff whilst parking. You will be sent further information prior to the ride date with specific instructions.
- Post ride party will be hosted at the hall in the Carp Fair featuring as usual, with yummy food by Alice's Village Cafe and beer by Covered Bridge Brewing.
- We are seeking volunteers to help at this ride - volunteers will be rewarded with a free entry to any other MEC Ottawa ride or race of the season!
- We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually: email@example.com
*SUBMIT DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (i.e. vegan, veggie, allergies or religious, not preferences!) IN THE "How did find out about this event" SECTION WHILST REGISTERING*.
MINIMUM RIDER AGE: 16yrs.
GOVT ISSUED ID REQUIRED FOR SERVICE DURING POST RIDE CELEBRATIONS...