MEC Ottawa Summer Century Ride 2017
With the start/finish situated in Carp (just to the west of Ottawa) enjoy these inexpensive, but fully featured rides through beautiful Ontario countryside in Lanark County. Welcome to Ottawa’s riding country! For a charge of only $45, you can choose between three different ride options, 50km, 100km and an 160km AND have a cold beer and feast afterwards, courtesy of Covered Bridge Brewing and Alice's Village Cafe.
Ride start times: Riders will start in informal waves according to distance, first wave off at 7:45am
Rides will start at the Carp Agricultural Society Fairgrounds on Carp Road.
All routes will follow a clockwise loop on rural roads through Lanark County, please see below for route maps.
50km (NOTE: Route contains one short section of dirt road.
Metric Century Route (100km):
Imperial Century Route (100miles / 160km) (7hr time limit):
Aid (refreshment) stations
- There will be one aid station on the 50km route, two on the 100km route, and three on the 160km route.
- Aid stations will serve water, bananas and snacks and have toilets.
- In spite of these stations, it is strongly reccomended to bring ample food and water for your ride.
- It is suggested that you carry some money to purchase additional supplies on the route, you will pass through a few small towns.
- There is no timing at this event, it is a RIDE, not a RACE.
- The ride takes place on OPEN roads, it is your duty as a rider to ensure that you follow the rules of the road, whilst riding: your safety is your responsibility.
- There is ample parking at the Fairgrounds, please follow the instructions of MEC staff whilst parking. You will be sent further information prior to the ride date with specific instructions.
- Post ride party will be hosted at the hall in the Carp Fair featuring as usual, with yummy food by Alice's Village Cafe and beer by Covered Bridge Brewing.
- We are seeking volunteers to help at this ride - volunteers will be rewarded with a free entry to any other MEC Ottawa ride or race of the season!
- We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually: firstname.lastname@example.org
*SUBMIT DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (i.e. vegan, veggie, allergies or religious, not preferences!) IN THE "How did find out about this event" SECTION WHILST REGISTERING*.
MINIMUM RIDER AGE: 16yrs.
GOVT ISSUED ID REQUIRED FOR SERVICE DURING POST RIDE CELEBRATIONS...