Bike Maintenance 201 - Drivetrain Adjustments - Jul18
Bike Maintenance 201 is designed for the more advanced cyclist who wants to learn how to work on their own bike. Bike Maintenance 101 is a suggested prerequisite to this intermediate clinic.
The 201 clinics are hands-on clinics led by one of our trained mechanics, giving you a small class size to really get involved and learn a new skill.
Please note: this clinic takes place at the Downtown MEC - 12328 102 Ave
Bike Maintenance 201 covers a different topic each week:
- Brake Adjustment
- Derailleur Adjustment
- Drivetrain Adjustment
- Wheel Truing
You may bring your own bike to work on if you prefer. Please wear clothes that can get dirty as this is a hands-on class.
This week we will cover:
Drivetrain Adjustment and Care
- Maintenance of components in the bicycle drivetrain.
- Troubleshooting malfunctioning drivetrains.
- Selection and installation of components
- Chain sizing and install (hands on practice).
- Cassette choice and install (hands on practice).
- Derailleur capacity (selection only, please see separate classes for install).