Road Ride: Edmonton West Route - Jul23
Join our Riding Crew!
Skip the Sunday brunch and join us for an invigorating endurance road ride.
Please note: these rides cover between 50K to 60K in 3 hours. So although beginner riders are welcome, you should be able to maintain a pace of 20-25km/hour with a couple of big hills
This week: Edmonton West Route
Meeting Location: MEC Downtown: 11904 104 Ave
- South 121 st. then east on 100 Ave.
- West along Victoria Park Road and across the river via Groat Bridge --> up Emily Murphy Park Road
- Turn west onto Saskatchewan Drive until just past 76 Avenue. Connect to the bike path along the river.
- Continue on the bike path (past John Hanzen) around Fort Edmonton and ride up Whitmeud Road --> turns into 58 Ave --> right on Whitmeud Rd.
- Right on Riverbend Rd
- Right on bike path (past Heath Rd) toward the river and across the bridge under the Anthony Henday.
- Continue up the hill toward Cameron Heights and left onton Cameron Heights Drive.
- Right on 184 St. --> turns into Maskekosihk Trail.
- Keep on Trail --> it turns into Garden Valley Rd
- Left (south) on Range Road 262
- Left (east) on Township Rd 514 --> turns into 9 Ave SW
- Left (north) on 207 St. SW --> turns into Quadrant Ave. Left on 199 street.
- Return along Makekosihk Trail east (right) to Cameron Heights and onto the bike path that crosses the river under the Anthony Henday.
- Continue along bike path, crossing Rabbit Hill Rd to 119 st. Head north (left) over the Whitemud and right on 51 Ave.
- Left (north) on 115 st. past Foote Field and across Belgravia Rd using the pedestrian bridge.
- Saskatchewan Drive to Emily Murphy Park Road, across Groat Bridge up Victoria Park Road
- Left on 116 street.
DON'T FORGET TO TURN ON YOUR STRAVA!
Please ensure that your bike is fully-tuned, lubed and road tested. Other requirements:
- Road Bike
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Spare tube and patch kit
- Lots of energy
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (recommended)
- ID & Debit/Credit card
We also have a Tuesday ride that lasts about 1.5 hours. These start at the new MEC Downtown. Please check events.mec.ca for more information.
This is a great way to train for MEC Century Ride. Choose 60K, 100K or 160K distance for only $45. Register now.
Please note that rides maybe cancelled due to inclement weather. If it is raining, there are strong winds or the threat of thunderstorms exists, please call 780 488-6614 to see if the ride is cancelled.
HAND SIGNAL REVIEW: