MEC Ottawa Spring Ride 2017
Join us on Sunday May 21st for an informal, unsupported group ride on roads south and west of Ashton.
MEC Ottawa hosts a group ride every Sunday morning in cycling season – these rides depart from the MEC store in Westboro.
On Sunday May 21st, join us for a special edition, starting and finishing in Ashton and riding some fantastic roads and gravel dirt roads.
· Surface: mixed – ride an appropriate bicycle for all road conditions.
· Speed: riders should be able to maintain an average speed of 25km/hr (for 70km).
· Distance: 65km - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/21171748
· Elevation: Flat
o An approved bicycle helmet. No helmet, no ride.
o Tools. All riders are to carry the means to fix a flat themselves, and any other minor mechanical they may suffer.
· Start location: Ashton, ON
· Start time: 8:45 SHARP
· Ride leaders: we will lead and sweep the ride group (at the advertised pace).
· A route map
· Coffee and donuts at the end of the ride
Register by signing up below - now closed (Friday 19 May) - if you would still like to join us, please meet us onsite in Ashton.
Note: Riders over 18 only. All MEC rides are RIDES, not RACES. Ride takes place on open roads, ride safety is the priority of the individual; follow the rules of the road.