Bike Maintenance 201 is designed for the more advanced cyclist who wants to learn how to work hands on with a bike provided by MEC. 201 clinics are hands-on clinics led by MEC cycling experts, giving you a small class size to really get involved and learn a new skill.
201 topics vary between Drivetrain, Brakes and Derailleurs weekly.
Bike Maintenance 101 is a suggested prerequisite to this intermediate clinic.
By the end of the clinic, participants will:
- Understand the difference between brake types
- Know how to clean their disc brakes
- Know when the bike needs to be taken to the MEC Bike Shop for service
- Be able to change the pads on rim brakes (both calliper and cantilever)
- Be able to adjust the position of their rim brakes
- Know how to change the cable and housing for rim brakes
- NOTE: We will NOT be adjusting Disk Brakes
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Penway at Shannon.Penway@mec.ca or call the store at 604-990-4417.