Keep your training program on track all year with the MEC Race Series!
5 Races, $75!!!
Please note, early bird special ended on January 31st.
The most popular race series in Manitoba is back, with the most affordable offer on the prairies. Professional, fun and accessible, we pride ourselves on providing you with the absolute best racing experience possible for an affordable price. In 2017 you can expect some new routes on the roads and trails, while relying on the same quality experience our race series is known for. With our professional chip timing service in place, the most serious runners can rely on accurate times and placing. Our well-marked courses, lined with friendly marshals and professional first aid services are accessible enough for even the newest runners. See individual race details through the links below. Don't miss out on a single MEC Race in 2017!
Proposed Dates & Distances (Subject to Change):
Bib Pick Up:
- Friday before race - in store 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Saturday before race - in store 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Advance bib pick up and registration closes at 2pm sharp on the Saturday before the race.
- Same day bib pick up is still available the morning of the race on site, from one hour to fifteen minutes before the first race start time.
- Same day registration for $25 is available on site from one hour before the first race begins to forty five minutes before the first race begins. We are only able to provide same day registration during this brief window to ensure all registrants are entered before the clocks begin.
- Present your race bib to receive 10% off at MEC Winnipeg on Fri/Sat before the race when you pick up your bib in advance!
- You can change your race distance up to THREE WEEKS before the race free of charge by sending an email to the race director.
- Within three weeks of the race, race distance change requests may be denied.
- MEC hires a professional timing company to assign our bibs, and we may not be able to adjust your distance once they have been submitted for processing.
- All bibs are non-transferable.
- Open Course: None of our road races are completely closed to traffic, which means you will be sharing the road with fellow runners and vehicles alike. We have marshals at major intersections and signage alerting drivers that a race is in progress. Children 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult or other guardian on the course at all times.
- Headphones: We recommend running music free, as our courses are open to public & vehicles during the race. If you must run with your favourite tunes, please do so with just one earbud in. This will allow you to hear and ensure those around you can enjoy the peaceful nature of the course.
- Safety: For your safety, WINSAR in conjunction with Odyssey Medical will be on site. Event staff & volunteers will be wearing safety vests for easy identification. Each marshal station has a First Aid Kit, and the ability to contact Odyssey if you are in distress. If you are injured and would like medical assistance, speak to your nearest marshal, who will call WINSAR to come to your assistance.
- Chip Timing: Please pin your chip VISIBLY on your right hip. If the chip is not visible, it will not be read and your time will be lost. Pin your bib on the front of your chest. We recycle all of our chips for future use, so please be sure to place your chip in the bin after the finish line.
- Washrooms: Most of our races use portable toilets, though some also have indoor washroom facilities available.
- Canine Friends: We love dogs, but they are absolutely not allowed to participate in our races. If you bring your furry friend out to the race site, they must be supervised on leash by a non-participant at all times and cannot join you in any indoor facilities or on the actual course.
- Refreshments: At MEC Races we share a simple serving of bananas, water and coffee where we have access to electrical outlets for coffee urns. Occasionally we will provide additional snacks, though there is no guaruntee that these will be available at any given race.
- Race Details Subject to Change: A number of location permits cannot be processed until the spring of 2017, and therefore there is a slight chance that race locations or dates may be adjusted.
- All MEC Winnipeg Races and clinics are non-transferable & non-refundable.
- All race details and dates are subject to change at this time.
- All MEC events are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Race details will be confirmed at least two months before each race. As some of our permits cannot be processed until the spring of 2017, dates and locations of related events must remain flexible.
Run Clinics to Help Your Race Times!
Our $40 - 10 Week running programs for 2017 are here! If you would like to build up to the 10K distance or improve your 10K time this year, try our MEC Winnipeg Run to 10K Program! If you have a friend who wants to start running and would like some help getting there, let them know about the MEC Winnipeg Learn to Run 5K Program! Both of our programs now meet at the same time and location. This way you have the opportunity to meet more runners in our community or sign up for seperate programs with friends and family. Social bonus, the more the merrier!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MEC Winnipeg Race Series, please reach out to our Race Director Alisa today: email@example.com