MEC Burlington Century Ride & 50KM
Many people have asked me about the weather – this ride is rain or shine. If severe weather is forecasted and we deem it necessary to cancel, I will email everyone the morning of the ride with the necessary information. Based on my experience, the weather network has it’s inaccuracies.
Welcome to the MEC Burlington Century Ride. This is a one day road cycling adventure on an open course for people who are passionate about their active lifestyles. For only $35 you can choose between a 50km or 100km ride that will take you through beautiful Escarpment. There will be marshals and directional signs along the course, rest stops complete with replenishments, electrolytes, and a bike mechanic for minor repairs. The start will begin at 9:00AM. Upon finishing, celebrate your accomplishment with food, drink and the camaraderie of other riders at the Après Ride.
- Well marked, smooth roads for a safe, enjoyable ride.
- Finish area Après Ride
- Rest stations – water, nourishment.
- Mechanical and Medical support at rest stations.
- MEC mechanics will be available for any last minute pre ride adjustments.
The route will be open to other users, so we advise caution while out on the road. RULES OF THE ROAD MUST BE OBEYED. All road signs and intersetion markings or signals must be adhered to without exception. Riders need to be self-sufficient along the ride – pack appropriate clothing, spare tube, pump and patch kit, food and water if you feel you’ll need extra nourishment between aid stations.
Please choose from one of the following options to sign up for this ride:
- Register Online below for $35. Make sure to select desired distance.
- Online registration will close at 12:00pm noon on Friday, September 12th.
- Online registrants pick up ride kit the day of the event. Kit pick up available from 7:30am - 8:45am
- Last minute registration on event day for $40 cash. (7:30am at our registration tent – note registration will close at 8:45am and must be CASH)
- 7:30am – 8:45am Registration is Open
- 9:00am - Start
For more information, feel free to contact Kaylyn Sutcliffe at Kaylyn.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-333-8559