Backcountry 101 – Hiking and How to Pack a Pack
To introduce participants to the equipment, skills and resources required for a safe and enjoyable day hike.
By the end of the session, participants will:
Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a day hike, including:
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Daypack considerations
- Hydration and energy absorption
- How to Pack a Pack
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources on popular day hikes in one’s region
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
For you to be aware of the resources available at MEC that support you in your snowshoeing or day hiking adventures and we can point you to popular options in the region.
The clinic is free but please do register below as spaces are limited. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Allie VanSteelandt at email@example.com or call the store 519-668-6657 x263